Congratulations Mr. President!
As a soon to be citizen of this country, all i could do was hope and pray that the American people will make the right discussion for the future. As a child i remember growing up and watching all the presidential elections on TV with my family. I remember asking my dad, "dad, did u for for Clinton or Dole?," he said jokingly, "I voted for myself!," then i remembered being mad at him because he didn't vote... haha.. but back then i didnt understand all the immigration policies and whole process we have to got through to be a citizen. I find myself irritated at those citizen who choose not to vote because their lazy and whatever. they dont realized how much other immigrants like myself have to sacrifice just to be a citizen and have the opportunity to vote. Voting is a right and a privilege, dont take it for granted.
In other news, Prop 8 passed. It breaks my heart seeing all my homosexual friends devastated. But the fight isn't over. Change takes time and may take other's to accept it longer than others. I am optimistic that same sex marriage will happen in our lifetime and i cant wait to be a part of another historical event.

No comments:
Post a Comment